Friday, July 1, 2011

No-Spend July...Can I Do It??


Can I go one whole month without spending money on anything excessive? Anything unnecessary? Anything fun? I hope so, and I'm going to try! I have been buying a good bit of supplies for my little projects lately, and the corner in the guest room is piling up. I decided- even though I have been frugal with my purchases (ahem) - that I am not going to buy another thing related to a project until I am DONE with the ones I have lined up. I also thought I would kick it up a notch, and decide not to buy ANYTHING excessive for the entire month of July.
Eww, it kinda' hurts to say it out loud...
or even type it out.

For some inspiration, I went to http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2011/06/month-in-review-and-no-spend-july.html.
I love this blog! You will be hooked too once you check it out. She's decided to have a no-spend month, just to catch up on all she already has to do. Sounded like a great idea to me, so I'm following suit. What better way to catch up and save money at the same time? Sounds like a winner to me.

When I was perusing Google Images for a picture to include in this post, I actually found several things related to No-Spend July, so I must be behind on that. Oh well, I'm starting now! I bought a dress last night (I promise it was still cheap!), just for one last hoorah. Any comments, encouragements, people telling me I'm an idiot, etc., will be greatly appreciated! I'll keep you updated...


Oh, Zach will be so proud of my Bill O'Reilly reference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...