Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Frosty Recipe


I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July! I know we did!
We were running around all weekend long and didn't rest one bit, but it was FUN! We spent all day Saturday in Birmingham, shopping & eating (by the way, Five Guys is yummy!) Sunday we had an awesome, moving church service, then headed to Chattanooga to have a birthday dinner for Zach's sister, Marissa. We had such a great time with family that night, and some yummy Greek food! Then, Monday, we headed to Zach's dad's on the lake for tons of food and fireworks. I'm still stuffed.

Anyway, I thought I would post a recipe that I tried over the weekend. It's a recipe for Wendy's Frosty, using a regular homemade ice cream maker. Usually, I'm skeptical about knock-off recipes, but this one is SPOT-ON. We loved it so much, I think I'm going to make more sometime this week. :)

"Wendy's Frosty" Homemade Ice Cream Recipe:

- 16 oz. Cool Whip (can use Lite)
- one 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate Milk (can use Low Fat)

Mix together Cool Whip & sweetened condensed milk. Add chocolate milk and fill to Fill Line. Freeze ice cream as usual.

It always takes about one hour for my homemade vanilla ice cream to freeze, but this takes a little longer. Its consistency is more liquid than regular vanilla ice cream though. It's better if it is transferred to a regular freezer overnight, then enjoyed the next day. I prefer a more solid ice cream though, so if you like it more like a milkshake, have it right out of the ice cream maker. It usually takes about 2 qts. of chocolate milk, but I bought a gallon just to be sure. Now I have some left over to make more!

Google Images


I linked this recipe to:


7 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...