Monday, July 18, 2011

Fluff That Won't Make You Fluffy :)


Whew, we have had a productive weekend! I got a ton of spray painting done, Zach mowed the yard, and we had a great time hanging out with friends! We also got our new garage door installed (see previous post, if you happen to be interested)- not too shabby! I wanted to post this recipe that I have already tried twice since I got it. I am in love with this stuff!

I got this recipe years ago from a friend I used to work with, lost it, but thought about it again the other day & emailed her to get it. Thanks, Charlotte, for sharing this with me (again)! This is probably one of the simplest recipes I have ever heard of. And it is YUMMY!...oh, and SUGAR FREE! Even better, right? It is an actual Weight Watchers recipe, and there are several versions of it out there, but this calls for the least ingredients and I think it tastes the best out of the ones I've tried. Here ya' go:

Pineapple Fluff

- 1 Large can crushed pineapple (Use juice & all)
- 1 Large sugar-free vanilla pudding mix (1.5 oz.)
- 2 8 oz. containers of fat-free Cool Whip (or one 16 oz.)...(This is what the recipe called for, but I couldn't find an actual Fat Free Cool Whip. I used the Lite, which is virtually Fat Free. Still healthier than the regular.)

Mix all ingredients together, chill for about an hour, and you're done.

You can use mandarin oranges, cherries, etc., as an addition to the pineapple or as a substitute. You can also add cottage cheese for substance. One cup of Fluff is worth ONE Weight Watchers point, if you keep up with those. Easy & delicious- can't beat that!

And, just because I love visuals...
I love my little polka dot bowl- Wal-Mart clearance! :)

Look at all that fluffy goodness!


Oh, and bonus...When you're done, you have a new piece of tupperware you can use! (I wouldn't send these home with anyone taking leftovers, but I definitely use these suckers for us at home.)
Yummy :)

Oh, and a quick update on No-Spend July: I forgot to mention one little thing about our Wal-mart shopping trip. I was too infatuated with the outdoor throw pillows to remember, I guess. When we were walking out of the store, one of my shoes broke! Broke, like beyond repair! They're a pair of my favorites too. Why did this have to happen during my no-spend time?? Zach told me he wouldn't think anything bad of me if I bought a replacement pair. He was even going to look them up to see if the store still carried them (what a sweetie!!) But, I'm sticking to this thing (atleast for now, anyway). I can go shopping in my own closet for a replacement pair. It's not near as fun, but it's free. Ooh, I like that word! FREE.
 
Aside from that, I'm really liking this no-spend thing. I started on some projects this weekend (from all the stuff I already had), and hope to finish them up sometime this week. I'll post as soon as they're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...