Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No Peek Chicken


I hope you're all doing well & enjoying the beautiful weather! My sweetie & I definitely have been...well, not really enjoying it, but working out in it. I hope to post very soon on our little big yard project we've been working on. We have re-mulched our islands (which makes a world of difference already), and Zach bought a huge load of stones and pavers. He's in the process of creating a new garden wall bordering the plants around our house. It will be beautiful when it's done, and I am so proud of him & the hard work he has put into it! It is so much more rewarding to do projects like this ourselves! I can't wait to share the before & afters!! Hopefully just a few more days, so stay tuned...

Also, more exciting news- my little blog has been given yet another award by a fellow blogger!! That's two within a week. Crazy!! I will post on that soon. :)

So, I tried a new recipe a couple weeks ago that we both loved, so naturally, I thought I would share!

This was mentioned on another blog (and for the life of me, can't find which one) long ago, but this recipe, and many variations of it, can be found with a simple Google search. Also, Nikki @ Thrifty Decorating posted her version of the recipe on her blog here.

This is my version...

Ingredients:

- chicken breasts
- one box Uncle Ben's long grain & wild rice- original recipe
- one can cream of mushroom soup
- one can cream of celery soup
- 2 cans water
- one envelope dry onion soup mix


Mix together two cans of soup, 1/2 envelope of onion soup mix and box of rice with seasoning mix. I also added a little bit of chicken broth, just to make it more soupy...


Put in a greased 9 X 13...


Place chicken on top, then sprinkle second 1/2 half of onion soup mix envelope on top of chicken...


Cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours. DO NOT PEEK! My sweetie put ours in the oven, since I wanted it to be done when I got home from work. It would be great for a Saturday at home too. (It did seem a little crazy, just the long time to cook & not peeking during the entire cooking process, but it turned out beautifully!)...




Stir the rice a little before you serve, and it's ready to eat! Yum!!

10 comments:

  1. yummy. Thank you for sharing. happy to be your newest linky follower Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good - I "hopped" over from Thrifty Decorating - would love if you can come see me!
    Thanks and Hugs -
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-8.html


    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 1/2 hours at 350 sure seems long..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder how this would turn out in a crock pot???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where does the two cans of water come in to play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mix together two cans of soup, 1/2 envelope of onion soup mix and box of rice"

      Delete
  8. Hey Ashley, I tried this meal and it's really easy to cook and it's really good I had to double the recipe but my whole family loved thank you for this meal would love to try another meals you make.����

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have made this recipe several times---turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...