Monday, February 18, 2013

Simple Sausage Ball Recipe


(Not too bad for an iPhone picture, right? I was shocked at
how well it turned out.)

I made these little cuties over the weekend. It was one of those snacks that I had been craving for a while, and I (surprisingly) already had the ingredients for it on hand. I had made these not too long ago for the National Championship game, and I've made them a few times before. They're so easy!

The recipe I have been using recently came from All Recipes with just a simple Google search.

The three ingredients are 1 lb. sausage, 2 cups Bisquick, & 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese. (It was A LOT of cheese, so I didn't quite use all of it.)


You first preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then take the sausage at room temp & place it in a bowl.


Then add the 2 cups Bisquick. I thought this added just enough breading- you may want to add more if you like it more "biscuit-y". Knead it through the sausage. This gets messy, but it is best done with your hands.


Then add the yummy cheese and knead through!


At this point, it looks incredibly unappetizing...


Once well-mixed, take small amounts and form them into "walnut-sized" balls. I covered my baking sheet with foil & greased the foil. The bottoms turned out lightly browned- perfect!

The recipe says it yields about 30, but mine went further.
I made 48 total.


Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (I went the full 25.)


To me, they are best right out of the oven, but you can reheat them anytime- it only takes about 10-15 minutes, again at 350 degrees.


I know this is a simple recipe that probably everyone has tried at some point, but to me, it makes it more interesting with pictures. I hope to do more recipe posts like this this year... it's just a little difficult to have the phone or camera in the kitchen with me when I'm making a mess cooking. (Not to mention, I'm sure my hubby thinks I'm an idiot snapping pictures of food.)

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Mine was full of rest & relaxation!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed
    browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your
    feed and I hope you write again soon!

    My homepage lifelovelowcarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u think pancake mix would work instead of bisquick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, regular pancake mix (off-brand) would work just as well as Bisquick!

      Delete
  3. Do they have to be refrigerated(after there cooked)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It's been awhile since I have made these, I wanted to check out and refresh my memory, this is exactly how I make mine. I love hot sausage and extra sharp cheddar ������

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to grease the foil. I over looked that one little detail and mine stuck to foil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you use parchment paper?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...