Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sweet Memories


Just wanted to share a quick post showing my new wall decor. As I've said before, I am a picture frame addict. I have realized just in the last few months how bad it really is. I noticed that I had seven BRAND NEW (never used before- fresh from the store) picture frames in my guest room at one time. That's bad. I can see having a few old ones lying around with no pictures to put in them,
but these are all new. Oh, me.

I found this frame months ago at one of my favorites- Burke's Outlet. I haven't really found any clothes there much- I just always head to the home decor dept. I found this 3-frame set while browsing around, and kept going back to it. I couldn't leave the store without it...



So, it gets home with me & sits for a few days weeks. Then, I can't stand it anymore (it's way too pretty not to be hung up somewhere), and go looking through pictures for something to put in the spots. The pic openings are 3X3, so it was near impossible to find anything.

Then comes the night when I stop by my grandmother's house to go through some things. I looked through all of her albums (and had a good cry), and took many, many pics of my dad home with me. 

The size of the pics I wanted to use were fairly close, but I was NOT going to cut these pictures. So, I headed to the local UPS Store, and had a quick copy made for $1.03. :)


Our first pic together :)

 I am so in love with this frame, but even more in love with the priceless memories these beautiful pictures hold.

What an awesome daddy he was, from the very beginning...

My first Easter, back when we were just a family of three...

Another shot of our first pic...

Here is where my sweetie hung it up on our bedroom wall. It is a small part of the wall that's on my side of the bed, so I can look at it often. :)





Now that we have our wedding photos on CD, we need to order more of those to fill my frames. There is not much else more important to me right now than these memories. :)

I hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th of July! Whatever your plans are, please don't forget to take the time to celebrate the real meaning of this day. Thank a veteran you know, or say a prayer for our nation and service men & women. God bless America!! 

1 comment:

  1. It was a long time after I lost my dad that I could even look at a picture but now I see the pictures and its just makes me warm inside. So glad you have this picture with your proud Daddy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...