Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Goings On


We've had a lot going on lately, so I just thought I would post a run-down, mainly for my benefit. Never fear- I also have some new pics to share too, so it won't be all boring.

We'll start with this weekend...

We spent mostly all day Saturday in Chattanooga. We shopped, and speaking of, I guess I have a confession to make. I am not being as strict on myself with the No-Spend July as I was last year. I bought some clothes Saturday (which I didn't have to have, but I'm telling myself I do, you know, for vacation...you gotta' have cute clothes for Disney, right?), but I am still sticking to my guns & refraining from buying anything crafting-related. And that part is hard. There are a few things I need for upcoming projects, but I didn't get them. I simply avoided Hobby Lobby altogether-
it's just easier that way. 

We had a yummy dinner that night at Zach's mom's for his sister's birthday. We always have such a great time catching up
with them and their two sweet girlies. :)

On Sunday morning, I had nursery duty, and I loved every minute of it! Who doesn't enjoy getting a baby fix
every now & then?

On Monday night, we got a crew (like the best crew ever) together & moved my grandmother into a different building of her assisted living facility. This building gives her more specialized care, which is what they recommend for her now, and we feel better having her there. She visited with friends while we disassembled, loaded up, hauled, and reassembled her furniture. We actually finished it all- bedding smoothed out, pictures up & draperies hung- in about 2 hours. Yep, that's how we roll.

We feel like a big burden has been lifted off of our shoulders with that being done. Two of the women there had also once lived in her last building, and they let us know she was part of "their clique"- that also makes us feel good about the move. :) 

I am now hoping to focus on my little checklist for the Summer. I have almost ALL of my crafting things moved to the basement now, so all that's left is to get to organizing. Then, once that area is done, I can get back to crafting. I miss it! I have been on Pinterest a lot lately too (good thing or bad thing, I still haven't decided yet), and I want to start tackling those projects too.

My sweetie & I have been on top of our joint To Do list already, and it makes me want to dive even more into it. We took a quick trip to a local store last weekend, and ended up coming home with a brand-spanking-new stainless steel sink & faucet. We'll be going from a scratched, stained white sink to polished stainless steel! Woohoo! It will soon be installed, and I can't wait to see how this transforms our kitchen. I will more than likely do a post on that when it's done, so be on the lookout.

My sweetie has been working in the yard like a mad man lately too- I also have a post lined up on that, complete with lovely pictures. I'm so proud of him for the work he puts into our house! :)

We are also planning a big ole' four-family yard sale for this Summer. We are waiting on it to cool off atleast a little, and we are still cleaning out Mamaw Ruth's house. I am also planning on selling a few of my own crafty creations in the sale. We'll see how that goes. I will definitely advertise on here when we set a date!

Now, I will leave you with the best part...PICTURES! These are actually ones posted from my sweet friend Sheena of her wedding. She has posted TONS of these already, and I picked a few that I wanted to share. Enjoy!

Getting ready...

All the girls...

Yours truly...

Love this close-up of my flowers...

And my favorite :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...