Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Photos from the Weekend


I realized I took a good bit of photos over the long weekend- none of us, but of some happenings around here. (FYI, you wouldn't have wanted any pics of me- most of the weekend I had not a stitch of make-up on and I wore comfy clothes or a swimsuit the entire time... and it was AWESOME.) :)

First off, I came home from work on Friday and found this
waiting for me...


...our luggage tags for Disney!! It makes the trip even more real now! We're heading there in September for our 4th anniversary (FOURTH- wow)! We spent our last anniversary there, and it was perfect, so we didn't hesitate to pick it again for this year! (Not to mention, I think Zach & I are in agreement that it's our favorite place on Earth. Hello retirement spot!)

Also on Friday after work, I made a quick stop by my grandmother's house. We are cleaning out her house and organizing things, and I have been going through a lot of it. I want to keep as much as I can. I think this is part of the hoarder in me coming out, and the fact that I really want to keep a part of her house with me- both for me & for my children to have in the future. This next pic shows a small part of the glassware that I brought home with me from her house...


She was obviously an avid (to say the least) collector of Fostoria back in the day. It was unbelievable how much she has! I can't wait to put it to use and enjoy it!

I also repurposed a couple of old silver trays from the thrift store into chalkboards. Here is a sneak peek of one...


 Me & my sweetie spent most of the day Saturday in Birmingham. He played golf that morning (and Monday morning), then we headed out to eat an early dinner at Stix, our favorite. We also shopped a ton! We hit Pottery Barn, and both got
a little something there... 


Here are two pics of a little happy I bought for myself...



 I couldn't pass up these little mercury glass votives! Zach bought a GORGEOUS 9-opening frame that was on sale. We are in the process of picking out new pics to decorate the house with. We haven't updated our frames around the house in a year or so, and we have so many new ones to choose from! We have been on a few great trips in the last few years, all producing so many good pictures. We also have our CD of wedding pics that we need to go through. Zach has been editing away, so we hope to order soon!
I'll share our picks soon, after our "Hanging Up Party." :)

Zach played golf Monday morning, while I cleaned up the house & worked on a few projects (hopefully posts will soon follow- working on the finishing touches this week). Then, we went to Mom's that afternoon. We so enjoyed the day at her house, swimming, sunning & cooking out with friends. This is a cute little guy that landed on me out at Mom's pool (that wording sounds quite interesting,
doesn't it?) :) ...




We got so much rest during the weekend, but were still able to squeeze in some work & fun to balance it out. I am so thankful not just for the quality time we had, but for the real meaning of Memorial Day.

I cannot express how much it means to us. We can't fathom the sacrifice that so many are making, will make, and have made for us. I pray that everyone will always be a patriot at heart. I am blessed that Zach & I are- I cannot watch the Wounded Warrior Project commercials, hear the national anthem, watch 9/11 footage, etc., without bursting into tears. The older I get, the more patriotic I become, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...