Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hot Off the Grill


I know I've been posting a lot on recipes lately, and not much on projects. I still have so many projects in the works right now, so I'm at a point where I can't really post finished ones. Soon, my lovely readers. Soon... Until then, you can enjoy my latest project post, the 30-Minute Vanity Seat Revamp. :)

So, I have two more of our favorite grill recipes to share in this post. (To see my first grill recipe post, click here.) I am still coming off of the high from it being featured. That is always so exciting!!

These two recipes I want to share are very, very simple with minimal ingredients- my kind of cooking!

The first is a favorite that Zach has been cooking up
for a while now...

- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp -

The title is pretty much self-explanatory, as there is nothing else involved but the shrimp & bacon. You simply take uncooked shrimp, peeled with tails removed, wrap a small piece of bacon around each separate shrimp, then place a toothpick through each to hold them together. Place on a grill and cook until shrimp is done & bacon is browned. These have such an awesome grilled flavor! They taste like a high-priced restaurant meal,
but they're much cheaper and so easy!


Now for a simple veggie recipe...

- Grilled Okra -

This is actually a recipe that I learned from my father-in-law, who is a pretty good cook. He, like most other guys, loves to cook on the grill. I'm thankful that my sweetie does too.

This takes a simple veggie, with only olive oil/butter and salt & pepper added, and gives it a delicious grilled flavor.

Zach has grilled okra on both skewers and on our grated pan...


...and both have turned out great. You simply wash the okra- don't cut, just leave whole- place on either a greased grilling pan or line up on skewers, and place on grill. Brush them occassionally with olive oil or melted butter (both are good, but the olive oil is healthier), add a little salt & pepper- or garlic, if you're a big fan of it like me- and cook until browned.

Easy as pie!

We love cooking on the grill, because it's simple, quick, and healthier than anything fried. It pipes in such a great flavor to the food too.

Hope you enjoy these! I'm going to try a new Pinterest recipe this week, so if it's good, I'll share that soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...