Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas!

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family wrapped up in each other." - Burton Hillis

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, as we did!! We went to my Mamaw Ruth's on Christmas Eve as always, and had a great dinner followed by even better presents. After that, we went to Mom & Dad's and exchanged gifts with them and Jonathan & Amanda. As is every other year before, we always get what we want and are never left wanting more. We are so blessed with not only everything we need, but SO many things we don't have to have. I thank God for my many blessings in life!





On Christmas morning, we went to Mamaw & Papaw's to enjoy breakfast and exchange gifts with them.  We hit a little snag in our plans when we were headed down our road that morning. There was a huge tree down, so we had to wait about 30 minutes on a backhoe to arrive and remove the tree. The night before, there had actually been another tree beginning to fall over the road that blocked traffic too.




For lunch, Zach's dad took us, Grandma, Aunt Gail & Natalie to Mentone Springs Hotel for a buffet lunch. The hotel was beautiful and the food was GREAT!! We really enjoyed getting to spend time with them, since we don't usually get to see them on Christmas Day.



After lunch, we headed home to rest for a bit, then went to Zach's sister's in Chattanooga. We had dinner there & exchanged presents. Zach got a lot of great pics with his camera of the whole family. The day was busy, but wonderful. We really had a great "second married" Christmas with each other!




3 comments:

  1. Zach did a wonderful job on these photos; they are all so good. We had a beautiful Christmas at Marissa and Ashley's home.
    Love you,
    Mom
    PS I love my book; it is difficult to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love the book! He picked it out for you. He did take great photos that day. His new camera will be in today, so he is super excited about that! Next year, his photos should be even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know, I LOVE my necklace! I have had it on a couple of times since I got it and I just love it! It goes so well with black, which is great because I wear black so much! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...