Friday, May 13, 2011

My Little "J" (or "L", or "T"...)

This

Plus this...

Equals this
(I have smoothed out the edges since this picture too).

This was my first attempt at a "thrifty" craft. I had seen some posts about making a moss-covered letter, which I loved! Well, I couldn't find the moss I wanted to use, so I did something different. This is the same fabric that I used to cover my dining room chairs (thank you to Zach & my mother-in-law, Helen, for helping with that task a couple of years ago!), and I also had Zach's Aunt Gail make a table runner with the fabric. Well, I still had a lot of that fabric left, so I put some of it to good use.

I found the "J" (or "L", or "T") at the thrift store. I really stumbled up on it. I went back & forth about it (like I always do), then ended up asking the lady that was working there. "What letter do you think this is?" Haha! We never really decided on it, so we figured that if we couldn't determine what letter it really was, who else would analyze it??

I'm planning on my next post being a long, boring one. Doesn't that make you want to read it?
I'm just going to post all of my little projects I have been working on lately in one post. That way, you can skip over it if it bores you! I'm hoping to paint my first piece of furniture this weekend also, so I may include pics of that one on it too...if I like the way it's looking so far. 

...Oh, and just for the record, Zach says it's an "L". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...