Thursday, February 4, 2010

Maui Trip 2010

Well, we have been back for a few days now from our Maui trip, and we miss it so much already. Life just seems so carefree when you're on vacation. You don't worry about work, bills, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. It was great to get away though, especially to somewhere so beautiful. One of my friends told me before I left that her & her husband went there on their honeymoon. She told me that the island is so beautiful, "you can see the hand of God everywhere." It really is true!!

Zach's dad was so great to invite us...we couldn't thank him enough! We spent most of our time soaking up the sun by the pool, walking the beach and enjoying the ocean (Zach even rented a body board one day :) ), and eating really good food. We went out early one morning for a sunrise whale watch. We went out on the boat just a short way from the shore when we started to see whales everywhere. Zach got some awesome photos that morning, which I will include in a later post. (There are so many photos to go through, we will probably just categorize them and post them under different headings on the blog accordingly.)

I was excited to start and finish a book while I was there- My Sister's Keeper, which I highly recommend! It may seem like a simple thing, but it's something I haven't had the time to do in a while. We had plenty of time to do so on our flights. This was the only thing I didn't like about the trip, since it took up so much time. We watched little TV while there, and I didn't get on Facebook or check email from my phone the entire time. It makes you realize what matters from day to day, so I'm hoping to scale back on those things now that we're home.

Zach had his camera with him at all times, and we're so proud of the shots he took. The place really is amazingly beautiful, so there really were no bad pictures. I included some of our favorites of the gorgeous beach and all the plants we loved on this post. Many more pics to come!

This is the Banyan Tree, located in downtown Lahaina. It was planted back in the 1800's, and is very unusual in that its branches have rooted themselves in the ground. I believe it has a total of 16 branches that have taken root. This is a close-up of the main root of the tree.

This is our beach, right beside our pool at the condo. It's gorgeous!

This one is my favorite of all the plant pictures Zach took.

There were so many of these growing wildly on the island.

Palm leaves

1 comment:

  1. Wow...what a gorgeous beach...I am sure you do miss it.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...