Thursday, January 21, 2010

Getting Ready for Vacation!!

We can't believe our Hawaii trip is finally here!! We first found out we were going months ago, and the time has surprisingly flown by since then. We're very blessed and so excited that Zach's dad wanted to take us this year!

This week has been extremely busy so far, with both of us having to tie up loose ends at work and at home. We are almost finished with the work week though, so now all we have to do is pack! With all the security measures currently in force, we're having to research on the TSA website to make sure we follow all the guidelines. It's a little frustrating, but definitely worth it. It's just sad that nothing is safe anymore.

I spent a lot of the night last night buying new music for my iPod. Thanks to my sweet hubby for one of my birthday gifts being an iTunes gift card! Yay!! Now it's stocked up with new music, and I have one book that I got for Christmas that I'm halfway done with (Marley & Me), and another to begin on the flight at some point (My Sister's Keeper). I told my mom I didn't think I wanted to finish Marley & Me on the flight though-- I don't think people would want to watch me cry and hear my sniffles. :)

We're excited not just because of going to beautiful Maui, but we're so ready for some time away. Zach has been working himself ragged the past couple of weeks, trying to get as much done as possible so that he won't have everything to do when he gets back. He really deserves some time away from the "office."

We're going to start picking out clothes and packing everything up tonight. We're both working tomorrow, and we're having my birthday lunch with Zach's mom. After work, I will meet Zach at the vet. We'll say goodbye to our sweet babies Daisy & Cosmo, go home and gather our things, then head to Atlanta to spend Friday night. Our flight leaves SUPER early Saturday morning (not a good thing for Ashley), so we're planning on catching up on our sleep during the flight. We fly from Atlanta to Chicago, then Chicago to Maui! Zach will have his new camera around his neck the entire time, I'm sure, so we hope to post many great pics when we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...