Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy New Year!!

I am really excited about the coming year, while at the same time cherishing this past year. Zach and I have grown a lot together in our first year of marriage. We've learned a lot about each other, enjoyed many fun adventures and traveled on many great trips (Disney World, of course, being Zach's favorite). We've spent two more birthdays with each other, celebrated our first wedding anniversary with a trip to Atlanta, and steadily held onto both of our jobs, staying busy the entire year (which is such a blessing in our local economy! Praise the Lord!) We have made a lot of improvements to our house and been blessed with so many gifts to make it even better. I have really enjoyed investing more time into our church sanctuary choir and our women's quartet, and Zach has supported me and been my #1 fan through it all. :) I have also brightened the past year by taking on a new role as assistant choir director. Those 4th-6th grade kids have really added a little more fun to my life.

As for New Year's Eve, I think last year Zach and I were in bed by 10:00. We went out to eat at Red Lobster in Chattanooga (waited for a table for over an hour!), then spent the night at his mom's. This year, I wanted to go out again. Who wouldn't on New Year's Eve? I was so happy that my best friend Jennifer was in town for Christmas. I had met up with her & her hubby Andrew at Wing Stop for lunch on Christmas Eve, and we discussed doing something for New Year's. Zach called earlier in the week & made reservations at The Boathouse in Chattanooga, one of our favorites. I, thankfully, was off from work at 2:30 that day, so we were able to go on time, and even fit in a little shopping before dinner. The food was great (as was the ice cream at Cold Stone afterwards), as always, and we had so much fun getting to catch up with the "newlyweds."

After we got home, we watched football for a little while until everyone was getting tired. We had planned on turning in for the night, but Zach had gotten a text from a friend inviting us to their house. We made the "long journey" up the road to our friends and new neighbors, David & Amy's house, and really enjoyed ringing in the New Year with them! We're glad to have friends close by and hope to get together with them more often! I'm glad we got to end the year with some great friends!

I really enjoyed having Friday off also! We took down our tree and all our Christmas decorations, then took it all down to the basement in storage containers. It's a little sad doing so, but it also means a new year is on its way, and my birthday is not too far behind! Next thing on our calendar we're looking forward to...TRIP TO HAWAII!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...