Thursday, January 5, 2012

Corn Casserole


Corn casserole- Southern comfort food at its finest. I asked my sister-in-law for this recipe, because she usually fixes it for Christmas every year & I'm in love with it. I made it for our Christmas Eve dinner at our house, and we filled up on it. I had a good bit still left over, because it goes such a long way. This is one of those recipes that you will probably only fix once or twice a year- it calls for 2 sticks of butter, so I wouldn't recommend adding it to the regular weeknight meal plan. :)

This is a simple recipe, but I wanted to post on it, mainly for my records & mainly because I HAD to test out my new camera.
Ah, I love it! 

Corn Casserole
  • 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 2 16 oz. cans corn
  • 2 cans creamed corn
  • 2 sticks melted butter
  • 2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
Mix together all ingredients. Bake in 9 X 13 pan (I greased mine for good measure) at 350 degrees for one hour. I went about 15 more minutes, just to make the center more done.






Look at that baked yumminess!

I hope all is well, and everyone is enjoying the beginnings of a new year. Things have started back here- we had our first choir rehearsal of the year last night, and work is back to normal schedule. The holidays and time off are always nice, but it's also good to get back to normalcy.

Coming soon...my birthday weekend!! I know that it will now always be a bittersweet time for me & my family, but birthdays should always be a nice reminder of the blessing of life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...