Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Time Is Here!!

This is my most favorite time of year!! And, for the record, I am DONE with my Christmas shopping! D-O-N-E, DONE!! I finished up on Saturday when Mom, Mamaw, Jonathan and I hit the mall and some other shops. It feels so good to be finished with it. Now, on to the wrapping (my least favorite part)!

Almost forgot to post this: Zach cleaned up the house while I was away shopping on Saturday. I always love to brag on him! When I got home, he had washed and dried ALL the dishes, and started cleaning our guest room. Currently, our guest room is our junk room, but he knocked a big chunk out of the cleaning and organizing on Saturday. As long as it is an "organized mess," it doesn't bother me so badly. Every house has to have a junk/storage room, right?

One of his Christmas gifts arrived at my office this morning, and as I was typing this, a second one of his arrived! I can't wait to give these to him!! I also love receiving things in the mail this time of year! Speaking of, our Christmas cards should arrive at our house either today or tomorrow, so I will have to start addressing them soon. I feel like I'm a little late on them this year, since we have already received so many, but better late than never! I just can't pass up that little tradition. I hope to send a photo card of our little family out every year from now on!

Just wanted to make a quick post about our Children's Choirs Christmas Program last night. It went perfectly!! Each one knew their lines and all the words to the songs. One of the solos even made me cry!! I looked over at Amy (Kinsley) during rehearsal (it was her neice, Jordan Belle, who was singing the solo) and she was crying. So, naturally, I started tearing-up. Amy blamed her pregnancy hormones, but I had no excuse, except for the fact that I'm always a "softie" about things like this. Children are just so precious!! (Notice I didn't say "innocent," just "precious"). :)

I am so thankful to be a part of this wonderful church. I love helping with the kids' choir and I love even more being a part of our adult Sanctuary Choir. I hope everyone can make it to our Christmas concert next Sunday (Dec. 19th), FBCFP, 6:00 PM!

Hopefully my next post will be some pictures of our Christmas decorations. One night this week, I want Zach to take some photos with his camera. Until then, I hope everyone has a great week, and is enjoying the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...