Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Nice Surprise

We've been recovering steadily for the past few weeks from both of our sicknesses, so life is great right now! We went back to church this past Sunday morning for what seemed like the first time in forever. I had been back to children's choir practice last week to help get ready for our Christmas program, but it's just not the same as enjoying our services. I even got to sit with Zach since I am still not able to sing, so that was really nice! I returned to choir rehearsal this past week to just read along so that I wouldn't be really behind in our Christmas music, but it was a little sad. You don't really appreciate your voice until you don't have it, but we're getting there.  

I finally got to venture out of the house for a full day this past Saturday. We had a great, busy day! We headed to Chattanooga to see Zach's mom and take her out for her birthday--finally! We had a delicious lunch at J. Alexanders and then went to the movies to see Disney's "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. The movie was absolutely wonderful and the special effects were amazing. It really puts you in the Christmas spirit...if you weren't already! I highly recommend going to see it if you haven't yet. However, Zach and I wouldn't recommend taking your children. There were some young kids sitting behind us and they were really scared at a few parts in the movie. Anyway, after the movie we went to Zach's mom's house for a while and then, after a quick stop at our house to let little Daisy out, headed to his dad's for the Alabama game. Speaking of, Roll Tide Roll, 10-0!! :)

Yesterday after I got home from work, I was looking through the mail and noticed a card addressed to me and Zach. It was from an old friend of mine who I recently reconnected with on Facebook. The card was to congratulate us on our marriage and our recent one year anniversary. It was also filled with really sweet comments and special Bible verses. There was also a gift card inside to Bed, Bath & Beyond, where we had registered. Zach and I were so excited when we were opening that gift card that we didn't even notice another card inside. When we opened it, it was a gift card to Olive Garden...as if the first card wasn't too much alone!! It was such a nice surprise to get just the sweet card out of the blue, but to get belated wedding and anniversary presents was even better! So, it looks like we'll be going on a shopping trip sometime in the near future. We're so blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. Saturday was a perfect day! I enjoyed both the meal and the movie so much.
    How nice to have received a belated wedding and anniversary gift.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...