Sunday, July 26, 2009

Singing!

I was really blessed to be asked by our choir director to sing a women 's ensemble group. As far as I know, this is going to be our set group for any song we do...including Christmas songs, which I can't wait to start working on! This Sunday was our first "performance." I had actually sung solos at our last church, starting when I was really young, but I haven't sang in really long time. Since FBC is such a bigger church and there is so much more talent there, I was a little intimidated to sing a solo. I'm much more comfortable in small groups, so I was excited (but a little nervous too) about this! Our Sunday services air every Sunday afternoon on a local station, but since Zach and I have Dish, we don't get that channel. Thus, came the routine every week of my grandmother taping it for us and me watching it back every week. Our choir director has posted some videos of our choir on his facebook page, so if he posts our song, I'll try to figure out how to post a link to it to this page.

Aside from that, something else new & exciting has come up! I have been asked to help work with the youth choir. They have open slots in the 2nd/3rd graders and the 5th/6th graders, but the 5th/6th grade teacher has asked me to help her. I am really going to think and pray about this during the next few weeks and see where I am led. I'm really excited about all the opportunities that are coming my way at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...