Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amanda's Baby Shower

I was a hostess for a baby shower for Amanda Davis this past Sunday at our church. This was my first baby shower to host and it was a lot of fun! The gifts are definitely more exciting than the ones at a bridal shower! Unfortunately, I was one of the ones nominated to cut and serve the cake. Hannah (Shirey) Burton and I were the lucky ones to handle that task, which turned out to be not so bad.

The first pic shows her adorable cake. Nancy Eberhart, who did our wedding cake and Zach's groom cakes, baked and decorated the cake and it turned out beautifully! The second picture shows us hostesses gathered around while Sherri gives us a lesson in the fine art of cake cutting.

We all joked about how the shower and all the cute, girly gifts gives us "baby fever." Then, I quickly snapped back into reality and thought about how much Zach and I enjoy our freedom (and sleep!) right now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...