Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Back, Baby!


(Seinfeld reference for my Zach.) :)

What an awesome weekend we had! I got lots of shopping done, Zach got an iPad (oh me, I'll never see my husband again), we went to church, and we got to spend lots of time with family, which is always wonderful! Hope you all had a great one too!

Yep, the old shopping Ashley is back. I made it back to the thrift store one day last week, after a month away in July. WOW, it felt good! That place was missing me, I just know it. I got just a few things, but I did notice myself thinking a little more about what I would pick up. I like that. :)

I grabbed these 3 candlesticks up as soon as I saw them. I love these kinds of things, unfortunately. I thought I would be hitting these with spray paint, but I placed them in the house and loved the way they looked! Here they are in their new home:


I kept going back to this one. I even laid it back down once, then came back to it. I'm thinking it will be filled with hydrangeas or some kind of colorful flower. I have ideas.


I got this little $.50 silver tray for a transformation project. Don't worry about the spots...Hopefully, this will be a little chalkboard one day. Soon.


This little contraption looks strange, I know, but it will have a purpose. It will. I'll post on that soon.
(Lots of promises in this post so far, huh?)


I'm laughing just thinking about this one. I bought a VHS tape.
I can't remember the last time I actually bought a VHS, or watched a VHS, but I love this movie, and it was priced at 2 bucks. Sold!

 
May not be exciting for you, but it was for me.
It felt great to just buy something. Is that wrong?? :)

1 comment:

  1. Nope... it's not wrong at all! Retail therapy is nice...ESPECIALLY in a thrift store! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...