Friday, June 19, 2009

"Up"

I'm not big on posting links to articles on here, but I just had to post this one. It really tugs at your heart. Zach had told me about it last night and then I saw the article online today. My homepage, which is MSN (only because I am constantly checking my hotmail account), showed a picture of the little girl and she is such a beautiful child! Her dying wish was to see the movie "Up." She had cancer and it was so advanced that she was not even able to go to a theatre to see the movie. After being contacted by a friend of her family, an employee of Pixar hand-delivered a DVD copy of the movie to the little girl and her parents for her to watch. She was able to hear it, but had to keep her eyes closed for the most part. Her mother would describe to her everything that was going on in the movie. So sadly, she died later that night.

The ironic and meaningful part of the story is that the movie's basis is to live life to the fullest, with the story being centered around a little girl's "Adventure Book." The article I posted the link to below gives more detail to the meaning, so check it out when you have time...and Kleenex nearby.

Zach and I watched this movie a few weeks ago and it really meant a lot to us, especially as a young couple starting our lives together. Who knows, maybe we'll start our own "Adventure Book." I hope that for us, our adventure has just begun! :)

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=415257&GT1=28101

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...