Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend '13


We just had a very relaxing, fun, long weekend. It is always easy to forget the reason why you are able to enjoy a day off, but that's something you cannot overlook. I am so thankful for the ones who have fought & sacrificed so that we can enjoy our freedoms.

We were very blessed to have absolutely beautiful weather the entire weekend!! I did get a lot of work done inside the house, but I mainly left that for when it was dark outside. I got a nice little sun tan burn, laying out on our deck two of the afternoons.

My sweetie & I went to church on Sunday morning, then he went to play golf. He was sweet enough to invite me to go ride around in the cart with him. :)


On one of the afternoons, I went out to the back deck to clean our patio furniture. I usually just use the water hose & a Magic Eraser to do this, and it works like a charm. The only problem is that when I start to unravel the water hose, two little babies come running toward me, wanting to play. :)

I am more than happy to oblige. After a few minutes of playing, with just a few intervals of cleaning mixed in, they were both soaked & loving it.




I have been taking advantage of the gorgeous weather lately, not just over the long weekend, but on afternoons when I get home from work too. Daisy girl & I have been jogging around our neighborhood. I am loving it, because we both get exercise, and we have great company while doing it.


(I am resolved to the fact that she will not look at the camera.)


She LOVES rolling in the grass. Zach's favorite is when she picks a high spot in our backyard & rolls all the way down the hill.
Silly girl.


She was also my little buddy while I was laying out on our deck. She loves sunbathing as much as her momma, unfortunately.


On a more serious note, just wanted to write a little update on real life, mainly for my own benefit. I don't like to post on really personal things on the blog, because I want it to be a "happy" place for me. But, life isn't all about happiness, so I have to include a little shot of reality when necessary.

My grandfather just recently found out that he has a small cancerous area on his bladder. We praise the Lord that it was caught very early. Treatment options have been discussed, and they will proceed with those in a few weeks. I ask for your prayers for him as he deals with this, and for my grandmother & mom, along with our whole family, as we support him through this. He is one of the few men left in my life, and I love that man dearly.

Speaking of the wonderful men in my life, please also pray for my father-in-law. He is now scheduled to have a kidney transplant in a few weeks. His sister, our Aunt Gail, has selflessly agreed to donate a kidney- she was a perfect match- and we will be forever grateful to her for that. Please pray for both of them as they endure these surgeries, and the following weeks as they adjust to life after.

We are so thankful that things have fallen into place the way they have! There will always be negative things coming your way, but you can almost always still see the light at the end of the tunnel. We know that God is good, and He knows best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...