Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Buckhead Mini Getaway- St. Regis


My sweetie & I just had a mini vacay in Buckhead, GA (ATL area). We absolutely LOVED it!! It was just a quick trip, mostly for relaxation, and some time away from home. With Zach working from home in his office, he never really gets much of an escape. We both really enjoyed our time away- him maybe a little more than me. 

We went all out & stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta. It was absolutely beautiful, and we felt pampered the entire time. Zach enjoyed a massage at the spa (which is not my thing), but we shopped on Sunday (which is definitely my thing)! We had some great meals... pics of food below (yes, I was a nerd & took photos of our fancy food while there).

I took a lot more photos than I first thought, once we got home and started looking through them. 
Here are a few I narrowed down...

-Pics of Us-

Me & my sweetie about to go out to eat...

Again, about to go eat :) ...

At Chops, after dinner... yum! (Just realized all pics of us revolve around eating.)

- The Decor-

Our hotel...

This is the chandelier at the entrance that I wanted to pack in my suitcase and take home with me...

The decor of the entire hotel- my favorite area being the front lobby shown here- was simple, but elegant...and bonus, there was mercury glass everywhere! Ahh...

Upstairs was the hotel restaurant where we had our breakfast...


I was in love with the mirrored doors of the elevator!

The pool area...

The terrace, perfect for a wedding...

The gorgeous poolside fountain...

Again, showing the decor was simple, but beautiful...



-The Room-

Our bathroom...

...and the TV in our bathroom mirror... wow...





Our phone/control system in our room, complete with Zach's name... fancy schmancy :)

Chops, our restaurant...

-The Food-

My breakfast- smoked salmon & cream cheese bagel. I could start every morning out like this!

Zach's dinner, filet & lobster tail & lobster mashed potatoes...

My dinner, filet & creamed spinach...

We laughed at Zach's fancy drawn butter... you know, just like I serve it at home :)

Tahitian vanilla creme brûlée- it wasn't yummy at all... ha! 

Ahi tuna sandwich with homemade potato chips...

My view for most of the day on Saturday. I gave myself a mani & pedi, then sat back in the chaise lounge & relaxed. No cleaning, cooking, or laundry to do, and no little doggies nipping at my heels. :)

We both felt relaxed after we got home. We have both been busy with many things lately- Zach, especially with work, since he hasn't had two consecutive days off since the first of the year! It was nice just to escape for a little while. 

Now, if we can just have this trip tide us over until our "Annual Anniversary trip" to Disney!! We'll see how that goes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...