Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Meeting Silas Finn!


I hope to post photos from our trip soon! My sweetie is still going through them all- he took a couple thousand! :) I also want to post soon on our new flooring & new kitchen sink- I just need to take the time to take pics of them. For now, I wanted to post on these two little projects I did for two sweet friends & their baby boys! I had to wait to post on them, because I wanted the recipients
to see them first.

Here is a pic of me & Silas Finn. This is my best friend, Jennifer & her husband Andrew's, little boy! He is now four months old! Mom & I got to meet him for the first time last week. It was so great to visit with him & Jen!! He is such a happy little baby,
and is so fun to be around! :)


We lost Jennifer's grandmother, Ruby Jo ("Mama Jo"), this past weekend. Mama Jo was a precious lady, and I looked forward to it every time she said the offering prayer at our church. She had such a kind heart, and was such a classy, Godly woman who will be missed by so many! She did get to meet little Silas though, which is so comforting. I hate that Jennifer had to prolong her stay because of the circumstances, but I am glad that I got to spend more time with her & her little man!

For Silas, a.k.a. baby boy #1, I knew his nursery colors were brown & green, so I just went with that. I had purchased these little wooden frames a while back, and had been waiting to use them. I painted the first one a simple green (it's still not the shade I wanted, but it works), and then got some wooden letters to spell out his name. It was easiest just to spray paint these, so that's what I did. I painted the frame with about 3 or 4 coats of the green, then spray painted only 2 coats of brown on the letters.



I actually just Mod Podged the letters onto the frame. I did one coat of Mod Podge on the frame, then attached the letters
& two painted stars.



After that, I did two coats of Mod Podge on top to protect.

Here is the finished frame...


Same thing with baby boy #2, Bryson. His nursery colors are yellow & gray (how cute is that??), so I used these colors. I already had spray paint on-hand in yellow (go me!), which was used in the chalkboard tray, and I just picked up the gray later on. I used the same wooden letters & spelled out the name, then attached with Mod Podge & after that dried, I did two coats on top...


I didn't get an actual After picture of either of these- I guess I was just too excited to wrap them up & deliver them! (Jen had to send me the "After" shot of Silas'.) :)

These were so fun to create & I hope the boys, and their sweet mommas, can put them to use!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! (can't wait to see your pictures...)
    I love the frame projects - very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frames!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...