Monday, June 25, 2012

Fruit Cobbler Recipe


We had a great weekend! I got all the laundry done, moved a lot of my crafting things to the basement (hopefully that transformation will be in my next post!), enjoyed church on Sunday, and tried a recipe that I have been wanting to make for a long time.

This is one of those invaluable family recipes. My grandmother (Mom's mom) makes the best fruit cobblers, and I pinned her down one day with an index card & pen, and asked for the recipe. Like most recipes from our grandmothers, she had it all memorized. It's so easy, but so yummy! And, it's from scratch, so it's worth bragging about. :)

Mamaw Helen's Fruit Cobbler Recipe
(My Version is Peach Cobbler)

-Ingredients-
  • fruit (peaches, berries, etc.)
  • one stick butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
Peaches...


Cut up the peaches...


Cover with a little water (or if canned, add juice from can), and sweeten to taste.


Stir fruit, water & sugar...


Heat up fruit in microwave (or on stove top) until warm...


Take your 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour & 1/2 cup milk...


...and mix together in a bowl...




Melt one stick butter in microwave in bowl you want to bake cobbler in...


Pour sugar/flour/milk mixture into butter. DO NOT STIR!


Add fruit on top. Again, DO NOT STIR!


Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Your house will smell amazing!!

Also, a little tip my grandmother gave me (after my first attempt), when there are 10 minutes of cooking time left, you can melt a small amount of butter & spread on top. This makes for a crunchier (and less healthy :) ) topping. Also, I ended up baking mine about 10 minutes more than the time given, because it didn't look "done". I was so happy with my first attempt at this awesomely easy recipe (and Zach was too)!



Yum!

1 comment:

  1. OH that sounds tasty! Well done you for getting the recipe down on paper too!!
    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...