Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Deck the Halls...


...and walls, and trees, and tables, and everything else in the house! That's what we've been up to lately, and we love it so much!

First off, I hope everyone had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. We stuffed ourselves all day- it was wonderful!

Second, YAY for my first Christmas project post of the year!! I am EXCITED (to say the least) about Christmas time!! It is, hands down, my most favorite time of the year. The decorations, the trees, the lights, the food, the presents (yes, I'll be shallow honest), the family time, the movies, and the MUSIC!
Love the music! I can't get enough of it!

I am also making sure that this Christmas in particular is a fun, happy one. I will miss my dad so much during this time of year, more than ever, but it will still be such a blessed, joyful Christmas. It will be.

Zach & I followed our Christmas tradition & put up most of our decorations on the day after Thanksgiving, better known to me as Black Friday. Mom & I & her friend Debbie shopped 'til we dropped that (early, early) morning. We got up at 12:30, met at 1:00, and were 45 minutes from home at the mall by 2:00. Wow! Love it! Belk had a great sale on boots, and I fought through the crowd to score a pair for me & Mom. I was so excited!!

My sweetie went to pick up our real Christmas tree that morning & had it up quickly. I slept most of that day, so not much was accomplished on my end. He dragged out my bins from the basement the next day, though, and we got to work! I had more pretty things to work with this year, since we kept so much from Dad's arrangements. I'm so glad I get to re-use this stuff.





And, what Christmas wouldn't be complete without Christmas Tree Cakes for my sweetie...







After Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday, we spent Saturday recovering. Ha! We had a nice Thanksgiving lunch at my grandmother's new home, the assisted living facility, and it was so nice to meet some of her new friends. She is adjusting well, and we cannot be more thankful for that!

We then thoroughly enjoyed the Iron Bowl! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! (That was for Dad.) :) It is unbelievable to me that we may be well on our way to another National Championship, and may have another Heisman winner for the University of Alabama- all within one year of our last achievements.
Nothing would make me more proud!

We've decorated outside too, with nothing spared- not even the mailbox. I made my own bows this year, so I was proud of that! I got the wide mesh ribbon that I have always wanted to use, and went crazy making bows. It goes an incredibly long way too. Bows are so much easier to make with this stuff than I ever thought they would be! I love to drive up to the house at night & see the lights, bows & garland. Hope you're all gearing up for Christmas and enjoying it as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...