Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Heirloom Lamp Makeover




I completed this makeover gem back in the Winter, 
and I am still really excited about it! 

This lovely lamp came from my grandmother's house. It was one of the things I knew I wanted to take home with me, 
and definitely give new life to. 
You can see that the shade is so drab & antiqued, and there were several spots on it. I almost tossed that thing in the garbage, but I kept noticing how cute the shape of it was. I really wanted to keep the original shade if I could.


 I didn't take any pics of the process, mainly because I was simultaneously watching a movie, and also because they would be rather boring (as this post may seem). I simply cut a piece of burlap to size, and wrapped the sheet of burlap around the existing lamp shade, using a small amount of hot glue to secure the burlap at the top of the shade. I then had to add a little extra touch by folding small scraps of the burlap, then wrapping them into a ball to make a flower shape. I then just hot glued those on.  

 

The lamp has now found a new home on my computer desk. Every time I look at it, I'm reminded of my sweet grandmother. I am so glad I could spruce up the lamp, and keep it in the family. 


Don't you just love the marble & crystal base?! 
Love the antique look!

I hope to post more projects soon. I realized I have many drafts saved- all projects from months past that are done, just waiting to be posted. Soon, maybe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...