Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Newest Addition


Zach & I hit up (a small part of) the World's Longest Yard Sale this past weekend, and ended up scoring the newest addition to our home. I had been looking for a replacement for our glass coffee table for a very long time. Not that I didn't like the look of it, because I did, I just didn't like the glass. Zach had had the table & the matching glass end table since he first bought the house, so it was time for a change. (By the way, these two are now for sale, 
if anyone is interested.)

The top two pics show the Before & the bottom shows the After...


It was love at first sight for me. This was exactly what I had been wanting, and for a very reasonable price. 

We had visited the couple that sold it to us last year during the yard sales. They always have the coolest vintage finds. They own a shop in Summerville, GA, so we plan to make stops there from now on. Zach was interested in another piece they had, so he made a "two-for" deal with them. He's my little haggler. :)

They said this chest dates back to the 1800's- Zach & I are both a little skeptical about that, but we love it anyway!


The detail is beautiful! I have seen more ornate trunks than this one, but they come with a much higher price. I am so happy we now have an old piece with some history to go along with it.


Short post today... not much going on that's not wedding-related, so not much to post on. I hope to share some wedding-related projects soon. The wedding will be here in a little over two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...