Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blue Hawk Lea


This is the second gift for my Aunt Renea that I wanted to share with you all! In addition to the frame I made for her (her "chemo-free" gift), I made her a sign for her farm, Blue Hawk Lea.

I picked up some vinyl lettering stickers & scrapbook paper at Hob Lob, and already had a canvas on-hand.


I took a ton of pics, so here goes the step-by-step...

I lined up the scrapbook paper with the canvas:


Traced it:


Cut it to size:


Made sure it lined up:


Applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to the canvas:


Smoothed out any air bubbles by hand:


Flipped the canvas over to let it dry lying flat:


Once dry, I began applying the vinyl lettering:
(Sidenote: At first, I wanted to apply the lettering, paint over the entire canvas, then remove the letters to show the scrapbook paper shining through. But, once I applied the black vinyl letters, I liked them so much the way they were. I wanted to keep it simple, and I was afraid I wouldn't like the finished product if I kept going any further.)




Instagram-ed it, because I'm obsessed... :)


I then added the year it was established, 2009:


(I also added the scrapbook paper to all sides of the canvas for depth. Forgot to take a pic of that step!)

After two coats of Mod Podge on top to protect, it was done:


I am so glad I was able to create something personalized for her farm. I hope she enjoys it for years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...