Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Random Things About Me

I saw a post like this on a friend's blog, and decided to take the time and do the same (in other words, I'm bored). I have not done one of these in a long time, so surely I've changed some since then...

10 Random Things About Me:

1.) I would rather sing in front of people than speak. I used to sing solos at our last church, but haven't done that in a while. FBC is too big for that! Haha! I do love singing in small groups, especially trios, and I love working with our kids' choirs. Music is one of my favorite things!

2.) Everyone says that their spouse (husband, in my case) is their hero, and the same goes for me. But, my mom is also my hero. To go through all that she's gone through, and come out the wonderful, strong, bright, happy, funny person that she is-- that makes her my hero. :)

3.) People tell me all the time that I'm always smiling, and that I talk too fast. If those are the worst things they can say about me, I'm doing ok.

4.) I am a dog person. Growing up, we always had cats, so that's what I've always liked. We had a stray dog show up many years ago when I lived with Mom & Dad, and we've been attached to dogs ever since. Dogs are so much more fun and have people personalities. Our two doggies are our babies right now. Life would be boring without them! And, just for your enjoyment, here's a recent photo of our babies:

I'm a proud mom, can you tell? :)

5.) I can be a clean freak sometimes. I get this from my grandmother. When I say can be, I mean our house is definitely not always clean. When I start cleaning it though, it has to be done right then and it has to be done just the way I like it. I'm bad about wanting to do it all myself, just so it's "done right." This also goes for laundry and cooking. I tend to want to take over and do it all on my own. Zach can be this way with cooking too. I enjoy it when he cooks though- I just hate that I get stuck with the clean up. I clean up when we BOTH cook. That doesn't add up, does it??

6.) I am obsessed with home decor. I would rather buy something for the house than clothes for myself. However, I also love buying clothes, shoes, purses and jewelry. This is not healthy for my checkbook, but my closet definitely looks healthy! Bonus fact for ya' on the subject of shoes and purses: My shoes always have to match my purse- ALWAYS.

7.) I can't hear or sing an Eagles song without thinking of my dad. Neither can I watch any type of UA sport. Can't wait for football season, by the way! I can't believe he won't be here to enjoy it, but I think he'll still be watching. :)

8.) Zach will laugh at this one- I can't have my hair behind my ears. Period. I can put a little behind my ear, but some has to be covering my ear. This goes for any time, but especially when I'm sleeping. Can't go to sleep with my ear exposed. I'm a weirdo.

9.) I have never weighed enough to give blood- thank you Lord! I know this sounds so selfish, but I just don't think I could do it. I may hit that point (like, right before giving birth I hope), but even if I did weigh enough, I'm just not sure about that. On that same note, giving birth scares me. I know it is a thousand times & more worth it, but it still scares me. I'm still not sold on which way is "easier" either. I've heard so many stories on both sides, but it's just one of those things where you don't know until you go through it, I'm sure. Just for the record: I have always wanted atleast two kids, a boy and a girl. My mom was the same, and she got her wish, so maybe I will too. Either way, as long as they're healthy, I will be thankful.

10.) Some of my closest friends right now are girls I went to school with. I'm very fortunate in that respect. I'm glad that we can all still keep in touch fairly closely. Our lives have changed quite a bit, but we're all still friends.

Hope I haven't bored you to death! If you have the time, send me or comment on one of your random things. Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...