Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Is In the Air...








I hope you like the new blog title. I thought of it the other day, and told Zach about it. He thinks I'm a dork, but oh well...I thought it was catchy! :) Just thought I would post a few photos I took yesterday around the house. I LOVE decorating for any holiday. Christmas, of course, is my absolute favorite, but Autumn comes as a close second. This year, I had many new decor items, since the theme of Mamaw Ruth's 90th birthday was Autumn. (Speaking of, hopefully pics from the party will be coming soon. Zach wants to put time into editing them, and we haven't had much of that lately.) When Mom and I were buying decorations for the party, we had our houses in mind. It's always good to reuse/recycle, right?

I really wanted to buy pumpkins for the front porch, since my scarecrow was looking a little sad by himself. I talked Zach into it last Saturday when we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart. I just bought one big one, so it wasn't so bad. He talked me out of getting mums, and I'm glad. They don't last very long at all, even if you take care of them. The first frost, and they're gone. Many of the ones I've seen in town lately are looking sickly already. We can do without.

Hopefully, Zach will take his camera out for some more Fall pictures soon. There are only a few really colorful trees around town this year. Maybe he can take some shots before the leaves start falling. I'll post some if he does!

Things are going very well in the Jones household!! We've just been working away, as always. Choir is running along wonderfully. I said "yes" to the trio with Dr. Roger and Miranda. Any prayers on that will be greatly appreciated! I had prayed for a sign, or just something to let me know if I should or shouldn't do it, and the strangest thing happened. After rehearsal last Wednesday night, Roger asked me to meet with him & Miranda and just "go over" some songs. He had given me a CD last week with three songs to listen to. After listening to all three, I chose my favorite, easily. At practice, he opened up the book, and turned right to my favorite I had picked out to start rehearsal with. He said it was their favorite too. That was my sign. :)

Zach's work has been picking up lately, and he's keeping busy with meetings and advertising too. In his slow times, he's always putting himself out there to pick up new business. I'm so proud of him!!

We also have a new addition to the family- a new niece, Bailey Anne. We went to see her and the family on Saturday. We took lots of pictures, but they're still on Zach's phone. I hope to post them soon! (I see a pattern here of lost pictures on his phone and camera, don't you?) :) We took his mom out to lunch at The Boathouse for her birthday and sat outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather. It was such a beautiful day and we had a great time catching up with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...